Friday, April 8, 2011

Brain Storming

So on Wednesday, we started the class with a Youtube clip about AIGA called Get Inspired. After the clip, a GAUGE member and he explained to us what they were all about. They're a student-base group that helps graphic design students develop a little more knowledge about the field. I was always interested in join but just haven't had time. Maybe I might be able to actually commit to it this quarter, only time will tell.

We then got into what was called, mind mapping. Mind mapping meant a quick way to get an explore ideas on paper. This is used as a brain storming tool that can help generate, visualize, structure, or classify more ideas. Mind maps are diagrams that represents words, ideas, or a task. It is a way to connect ideas. An open mind is the easiest path for fresh ideas, so allow time and space to pass.

Jimmy then made us create our own mind map about anything we wanted to and I chose, what if I didn't work so much. I had tons of things to put down, such as being poor, being a bum, not being able to go out and have fun. But I also put things like, I'll get to spend time with my family, friends, relax a little more, get rest. Not working so much has its pros and cons. I thought this activity was interesting because we got to see other peoples mind map, and they were quite funny.

Towards the end of the class, we watched a short clip about Scott McCloud on a website called Tedtalk.org. What Scott McCloud was talking about was really interesting, just the way he kept you into what he was talking about with the way he talked made it easy to follow. The way he presented his information was really funny as well. I'm starting to like this class more and more each day because it keeps me guessing what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment